- Do not use directly over open wounds.
- Do not use if you are unconscious.
- Do not use over any Malignancy.
- Do not use in and area where oxygen is emitted or oxygen equipment is stored.
- Do not use directly over acute injuries.
- Do not use directly over face or genitals.
- Do not use if you are insensitive to heat, including paraplegic and quadriplegic or have poor blood circulation that affects your ability to feel heat
- Do not use if you are immobile or incapacitated or not able to remove the heating pad from your body.
- Do not use this product with infants or children under the age of 6. Children under the age of 14 should always have adult supervision.
- In the case of pregnancy, diabetes, hemophilia, malignancy or other serious conditions, consult with your physician before applying heat.
I have a medical implant can I use the Heating Pad?
Answer: Implants (Metal or Non-metal) may absorb infrared energy at different rates than the various bodily tissues, and there is a chance that the implants can absorb far more heat than the surrounding tissues and cause burns; or the heat energy might be able to weaken, warp, distort, affect, damage and even destroy the implant. Since this has not been studied for the many different materials that are used for implants, we advise against using the heating pad unless approved and supervised by a competent physician.
Warning: Even if you do get medical clearance from your physician to use the heating pad, these two guidelines must always be followed:
- Do not use directly over medical implants or metal implants
- Do not use directly over implanted silicon or silicon prostheses.