How would you like to lose 5 pounds…
Weight loss isn’t rocket science. It’s a simple formula. Consume fewer calories than you burn.
How you make that happen can vary from one person to the next…
…but today I’m going to share how you can kick your weight loss resolution into high gear with four simple tips that can help you drop five pounds in the next seven days.
Step #1: Reduce Calorie Intake Wisely
Cut the number of calories you consume. Dieticians typically recommend 1,200 calories as a daily minimum.
So, when deciding what to eat, minimize sugars, animal fat from meat and dairy foods.
To lose weight fast, you should eat mainly fruits, veggies, skinless poultry breasts, fish, shellfish, nonfat dairy foods, and 95% lean meat.
Minimize muscle loss and maximize fat loss by eating enough protein and distributing it evenly through your meals. Weigh yourself daily and track your food intake to help you keep focused.
Here’s some easy ways to cut calories from your meals without reducing flavor and appeal. Use these guidelines in your meal plan this week to help drop those first five pounds fast:
- Carbonated Beverages — Cut out the carbonated beverages. They’re loaded with sugar and hundreds of empty calories. Replace them with water or sugar-free drinks.
- Salad Dressing — Read the labels. Rich and creamy salad dressings contain excessive amounts of fat and calories. Choose low fat salad dressings. They’re almost always lower in calories.
- Meat — Make smart choices. Meat can be high in fat and calories. For ground beef dishes, substitute with ground turkey. Ground turkey is lower in fat and calories, and high in protein. Use it in lasagna, spaghetti, tacos, and chili. No one will notice the difference.
- Mayonnaise — Go lite on the mayo. Mayonnaise adds a great deal of fat and extra calories. Substitute lower fat or fat-free varieties instead of regular mayonnaise.
- Bread — Cut the carbs. Reducing carbohydrates is a very effective way to lose weight, and bread is one of the main sources in the average diet. Go with whole-grain bread that’s lower in calories.
- Spreads — Choose a better spread. Butter and margarine contain high levels of fat and calories. Cover your toast with a thin layer of all-natural sugar-free jam or jelly instead.
- Fried Foods — Just say No! Fried foods are loaded with fat and calories. Try baking or broiling your food instead. For great chicken, remove the skin and coat it with a low-calorie chicken seasoning. Bake it in the oven to achieve a crispy coating without extra fat and calories.
- Reduce sodium and cut starches — Do this and you reduce fluids and fluid retention, which can result in several pounds of fluid loss when you get started.
Step #2: Exercise to Burn Calories
If you currently exercise, it’s time to kick it up a notch to lose those 5 pounds. High intensity cardio burns the most calories during the workout itself so it can help aid fast weight loss. Just make sure to eat a small meal first. And for
Include a few hours a week of strength training. To burn more fat, try to break a sweat after your warm-up and keep sweating for the entire hour.
Remember the best calorie burning exercises are heart-pumping, sweat-producing, and the most efficient at inducing weight-loss.
The intensity of your workout will depend on your current state of fitness. Experts recommend gradually increasing exercise intensity to avoid injury.
To lose 5 pounds in a week consider doubling up on your exercise routine. Do a morning and evening workout, but vary the workouts to give muscle groups time to heal. If you don’t have time to do two a day, expend more calories in the first workout.
Now if you liked that “standard” advice for fast weight loss through exercise, you’re going to love this…
You can reduce your exercise time by as much as 81% and get even faster weight loss by using short bursts of high-intensity (for your body) exercise.
Want to know how to do it? You’ll find just that type of workout in the No Excuse workout system. Men’s Fitness magazine called it the world’s fastest workout – needing just four minutes a day. Perfect if you want to lose weight really fast but don’t have much time for exercise.
Step #3: Drink Plenty of Water
Drink water. It’s a simple technique that encourages weight loss by helping fill your stomach, making you less hungry and less likely to overeat.
Drink 16 ounces of water before breakfast, lunch, and dinner while also cutting back on portions to help you lose weight and keep it off. Drinking water helps you better digest the food you eat to get the maximum nutritional benefit from the food you eat.
The routine of drinking water before meals can also have a beneficial effect because it’s a reminder that you’re trying to lose weight.
Drinking plenty of water is one of the safest things you can do to help you lose weight. Take a refillable water bottle to work and drink from it throughout the day.
Drink plain water if possible, not mineral, flavored, or vitamin waters.
Step #4: Get Quality Sleep
Perhaps the easiest way to cut calories ever is to get more sleep.
According to a study at Columbia University published earlier this year, those who slept 8 or more hours per day consumed an average of 300 calories a day less compared to those getting only 6 hours of rest.
Insufficient sleep leads to an increase in the production of the stress hormone cortisol, which regulates appetite. High levels of cortisol can lead to binging and hunger, and yes, more calories.
Not to mention, if you’re not allowing your body to recuperate each night (especially from your new exercise routine) you’ll sabotage your chances of successfully losing five pounds this week, and more importantly, keeping them off.
Single Fastest Way to Lose 5 Pounds
How would you like to drop five pounds overnight? I’m not making any promises, but the free special report I’m about to share with you shows how many people have done just that… literally.
More importantly, it describes a method of not only losing weight, but resetting your digestive system in a way that may suddenly increase your energy, wipe out mysterious aches & pains, and even help you “go” more regularly.
This special report is my gift to you… just click the link below. No sign up or credit card needed, just click the link and the report is yours!
FREE Special Report – Download Now!