1. Never compromise your integrity, for anything or anybody.
2. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. Learn to say no politely and pleasantly, but immediately and firmly.
3. Whatever it is, do it now. Not next week, not tomorrow, not later today – now.
4. When you feel overwhelmed, don’t try to do everything – just do something.
5. Concentrate on doing what you do best, and let others do the rest.
6. Don’t waste time talking about your plans to others. Learn to zip the lip.
7. Avoid quick fixes. Take the time to work on long-term, permanent solutions.
8. When the ball is on the one-yard line, never risk a fumble. Carry it over yourself.
9. Avoid premature victory celebrations. You’re not through until you’ve dotted all the “i’s” and crossed all the “t’s” – and the check has cleared the bank.
10. Focus your efforts on the crux of every situation. Avoid expending energy on peripheral issues that cannot yield a payoff no matter what their outcome.
11. The power of the understatement is enormous. Say what you have to say – quickly, succinctly, and simply – then stop talking.
12. Never fall into the trap of waiting for something to happen. Make it happen!
13. Learn to love truth instead of trying to make true that which you love.
14. Never base a decision on conventional wisdom alone. Question everything.
15. Life is a distance run. Don’t come out of the starting gate too fast … and be careful not to get winded too soon.
16. The most efficient way to get ahead of the competition is not to fight your way through the pack, but to leapfrog over it.
17. Make it a habit to concentrate on opportunities rather than problems.
18. The only power anyone can have over you is the power you give him. Without your permission, the other person is powerless.
19. Live every moment as though the whole world were watching.
20. Free will is the greatest asset you have at your disposal. Use it!
Please let us know if one or more of these spoke to you. If you live life with these guidelines in mind, there is no doubt you will live a life of happiness and success.
Written By: Updated: January 10,2011